What does obedience look like to you? I have been asking myself for some time now how I can be more obedient in my life. It may not sound like a very fun idea, obedience, but isn’t this what Jesus asks of us? When a woman spoke out to Jesus in a crowd Jesus replied, “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and keep it!” (Luke 11:28). One thing I know about obedience is that it can push us out of our comfort zone, but is that such a bad thing?
Good news! An opportunity has come up for me to go on a mission trip to Uganda in the beginning of October. This trip will be through Helping Hands Foreign Missions. On this trip we will have the opportunity to do things like:
- Care for orphaned children
- Engage in hut-to-hut evangelism
- Help with projects in the Village of Eden
This trip is particularly exciting for me. Not only am I making a commitment to step out of my comfort zone in obedience and faith, but I will have an opportunity to meet a child my wife and I recently started sponsoring named Sharon Taaka! What a blessing to get to meet this young lady in person!
As you may know a trip like this is not inexpensive. The estimated cost per person for the entire trip is $3,000. Please prayerfully consider supporting me financially if you are able. If you cannot support me financially, please consider lending your support through prayer! I can’t wait to serve in any capacity I am capable in Uganda! I am blessed to be a part of a church that is intent “to help people find their way back to God and live a life fully devoted to Jesus Christ”. Please help me to share that blessing with others around the world!
Donation Option 1 (tax deductible):
- Submit a check payable to: Chestnut Mountain Church
- 4903 Chestnut Mountain Circle, Flowery Branch, GA 30542
- Please place “Uganda Mission Trip” on the memo line
- Simply attach a note indicating the donation is for Daniel Edward, but please do not put my name anywhere on the check, as this would disallow your donation from being tax deductible
Donation Option 2:
Do you like to read? Why not buy a book, and help support a mission trip at the same time? Author Carol James has
very generously offered to donate the proceeds of her new book, Rescuing Faith: A Novel, to support my Uganda mission trip. Carol’s book is available via Amazon and iTunes. Here’s how it works:
- Purchase Rescuing Faith: A Novel from Amazon or iTunes
- Email confirmation of the purchase to firstname.lastname@example.org (let her know you purchased this book by recommendation of Daniel Edward), and copy email@example.com.
- That’s it! Carol will send a check to Chestnut Mountain Church to go toward my Uganda mission fund!
Thank You for Your Prayerful Support!
I will be posting about my experience on this blog. I hope you will find these posts encouraging, and inspiring. Obedience can be an awesome thing!
Your brother in Christ,